What does a Civil Engineer do?
A civil engineer is a person who is trained to provide advice on the designing, construction and maintenance of the infrastructure that make up our cities and towns. Nearly every structure that is on or in the ground is the work of a civil engineer or a team of civil engineers.
These construction projects includes any work that involves a construction process such as the construction of roads, bridges, housing, buildings, drainage & sewerage system, tunnels, dams and airports.
What are the duties of civil engineers?
Civil engineers visit building sites and assess proposed plans to determine the environmental impact of projects, and whether the building materials will be sufficient to create a safe and stable structure. If needed a civil engineer will provide advice on alternate construction methods.
Overview of activities performed by a civil engineer may include:
- Structural review and design: Review plans, survey reports, maps, and other data in order to plan projects.
- Construction engineering: Give advice as necessary on Government regulations, potential environmental hazards, and other factors during the planning the stages of, and risk analysis for a project
- Geotechnical engineering:Advice and review of the formal reports supplied by a geotechnical engineer.
- Materials: Advice on building materials, such as concrete or steel, for use in particular projects
- Hydraulics/Storm Water Plans: Use design software to plan and design transportation systems, hydraulic systems, and structures in line with industry and government regulations
- Presentation:Present findings to the public on topics such as bid proposals, environmental impact statements, or descriptions of property
- Maintenance and Repairs: Give advice on the repair, maintenance, and replacement of public and private infrastructure
Governments, private organisations and property owners worldwide put their confidence in the advice, supervision and planning done by a civil engineer or a team of civil engineers to ensure the quality of a construction. A civil engineer also needs to be sensitive to local and environmental challenges, Davron Engineering is widely respected as one of the most trusted civil engineers Wollongong.
Services Davron’s Civil Engineers can provide
A civil engineer‘s job is not only to see how a construction project is carried on, they are, in fact, crucial individuals in examining the design, plans, materials and legal concerns related to all kinds of building works. Whilst closely related to Structural Engineering, in addition the civil engineers at Davron Engineering can also help with:
- Bollard Designing
- Guard Rail Designing
- Designing of Significant Fences or Visual Barriers
- Driveway & Car Park Designing
- Swimming Pool Construction
- Retaining Walls
Furthermore, engineering services provided by Davron also consist of:
- Inspection and Evaluation of a Site
- Traffic Impact Evaluation
- Project Feasibility Examination
- Residential Housing Projects
Why Choose Davron Engineering?
For over 21 years Davron engineering has been providing Wollongong engineering solutions to residents and afar for both structural and civil engineering services. Our team of dedicated and highly qualified civil & structural engineers and technical staff take pride in providing you with a thorough service leveraging off extensive experience.